Day 23 Recap: Blaisdell scores game-winner, in OT, as Sanborn almost steals a win from Windham, 1-0.

Windham came out as expected, and dominated the first half. Earning 11 corners to Sanborn's two, and not allowing Sanborn to put a shot on goal. Even with all the domination, Windham was not able to score anything. Windham did have one really good chance, but a Sanborn defender made a defensive save, to clear the ball off the line.

In the second half, the offense slowed down for both teams, as the heat started to kick in, Windham earned only four corners compared to their first half's 11, but they did not put a shot on goal the entire second half. With about ten minutes left to play, the officials stopped the game, for a water break, due to the heat.

Windham's goalie Abby Harris spent about 59 minutes sweating in her goalie equipment watching her teammates control the game, but with less than 30 seconds to play Sanborn's Emma Toto got a breakaway and was through one on one. Windham's head coach Katie Blair started yelling at her team to get back, as Windham's defense went into shock, and stood still as if they could not believe someone got by them. However, even though Harris was enjoying most of her day in the sun, when she was called upon to save the game, she was ready. Toto took Sanborn's only shot of the game, but Harris made the save, it did hit a Windham defender's foot, earning Sanborn's only corner of the second half, but Windham's defense saw it out, as the game went into overtime.

As overtime started, Sanborn had a quick chance as they got down the field quickly, and blasted a ball across the circle, but no one was there to get a stick on it. Windham earned the overtime's only corner but did nothing with it.

Three minutes into OT, Ryane Farrell made a great run down the sideline. She took the ball into the circle, did a fake shot, making a defender back away, fearing the hit, dribbled by her, and made a perfect pass, to who else, Kate Blaisdell, who pushed it home for the game-winner.